Sunday, December 6, 2009

Come tell us your story.....


I've been practicing my close up photography....loving the Christmas ornaments up close. This gold ornament is one of 25 my beloved Mom J gave to me on my 40th birthday....She collected these ornaments, one for each, her, my mom and my aunt every year for 25 years. The 2007 ornament even arrived after her death in fall 2007....pre ordered, of course. I love these ornaments, they are absolutely beautiful and they are a beautiful reminder of my Grandmother and her love of Christmas....

At school they have set up a Christmas tree with paper angels displaying a list of wishes for tenants of a Rest Home, they asked us, if it was not a hardship, for each of us to pick an angel and buy some or all of the things on the angel for the recipient. I'm a fan of this Christmas tradition, lots of businesses do it.

I was happy to pick an angel and shop for the items on this list. Without any sentimentality here, it made me feel good. I picked my angel on the way out on Wednesday and on Thursday brought my gift back the next day....I was warm all over all evening and into the next day.

I'm not blowing my own horn here, I know that many people contribute in special ways during the holiday season and I'm wondering if you will share with the blogosphere your special ways of giving this time of year. Really, I want to hear your special tradition of giving.....

For everyone who stops by and tells their story, you will be entered in special Christmas drawing for a little gift...please, share, I might even have more than one special gift!

Looking forward to hearing from you.....

Peace

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

and you know, through that little act you brightened a day of someone that may have had naught otherwise. smiles.

around the holidays we usually pick a single mom that would like to provide christmas for her kids but otherwise can not. we provide her with a gift card to walmart so she can go pick some toys for them. usually they let us know what they got...i guess its our way of playing santa...

rxBambi said...

Ooh ooh I wanna win!! Wait, that's not really in the Christmas spirit, is it? Oh well, what the heck, you already know who I am and I wanna win!

I'm in the junior service and we have 2 families that we buy for. This year I picked the 18month old and the 3 year old. They are both girls, and since my daughters are teenagers now I was missing buying all that fun little girlie stuff. I had a great time at Target buying miniature clothes (they asked for some) and of course dolls and Tinkerbells, and stuffed animals. It was great. Plus my teens helped me so they got the benefit of learning to give back to the community as well. :)

spudballoo said...

Oh you are lovely...lovely photo, lovely person, lovely heart xx

Anonymous said...

Going to a local nursing home to take someone there that hasn't got anyone a few gifts just for them. A pair of home crocheted footies and a lap blanket and cookies. And taking a smile and a hug , too.

Mari Mansourian said...

love your header...so festive :)

Graciel said...

My giving remains close to home this year. I have created an elaborate advent calendar for my Mom, who has cancer. Each of the 24 days is marked by a decent sized bag with a goody inside. It gives her good reason to get up, remember her German childhood and know she is loved.

xo