Monday, April 6, 2009

Mary, Mary, quite contrary how does your garden grow.....?


Well, mine will be growing in a bed 48 x 48 feet square! Yes, it is going to be HUGE! I can't wait! Over the course of this past weekend, my friend, Ricky, played with his friend, BobKitty and dug, hauled and tilled the backyard here, so we might plant a couple of tomato plants.....HA! - not just a couple. It was pretty amazing to watch Rick work his little Bobcat excavator and I can assure you, he had fun. It even looked like he might tip it over at one point. You know, it's true, there really is only one difference between men and boys and it's the size (and cost) of their toys. I spent part of the weekend planting seeds in little seed starter trays - 200 seeds! Yes, I know, that sounds like alot, however, I wanted to make sure everything made it out of the dirt, so, I over planted. Obviously, there will be room for MANY plants and I went crazy with the seeds, trying just about anything that tickled my fancy. This will be my first garden of this size and variety. I will blog about it all summer and share my discoveries and lots of photos. Rick asked me more than a couple of times if I'd be able to handle a garden of this size and I assured him I would not be without help. He is going to set up a complete drip system with a timer for the water, so, watering will take care of itself, I will only need to take care of weeding, bug hunting and PICKING! Texas, my trusty frog hunter will assist as best as he can from his vantage point on the ground.

No comments: