Friday, February 19, 2010

Better......



Just wanted to put up an update....I spoke with my step-Sister "C" and things are looking up, she will receive treatment that they believe will get rid of what they found. She is positive, upbeat and determined....she is a warrior and my hero. She and her hubby will be taking a trip next week, the two of them getting on with their lives, not wasting one moment.

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy your people, your family, your friends, cherish each moment, remember to breathe and look around, take notice of the miracles and beauty that are all around us....sometimes, we just forget.....

Peace

8 comments:

Cyndy said...

This is such better news ~ but the part about them making the most of every moment even better.

When my mom was told that her breast cancer came back and that she had six months to live I told her, "Now we can have some fun. Much better than if I had lost you suddenly without a chance to tell you that I love you over and over again..."

She died 7 months later, and although I still miss her 15 years later, I have no regrets. We had a great six months, and we both knew we were loved...

An Open Heart said...

Wow, Cyndy, that's a powerful story...it's like getting a chance to make sure to do the bucket list, eh? I'm sorry for your loss.
S

Brian Miller said...

good news is always a great way to start the weekend. hope yours is good.

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Glad to hear the news is good today and that they're continuing to enjoy the gift of time together.

Marilyn Miller said...

Wonderful! Yes, there are miracles and beauty around us if we just notice. And Peace to you!

Marilyn Miller said...

Wonderful! Yes, there are miracles and beauty around us if we just
notice. And Peace to you!

Delena said...

Thanks Shannon for the beautiful red bracelet. I love it! Also, good luck to your family and yes that is good news!
Hugs

SE'LAH... said...

my grandmother would always say: "each day is a gift" and "tomorrow is promised to no one". so i really appreciate your reminder to cherish each moment. life is soooo precious.

sending lots of positive vibes your way (and to your step-sister C".

one love.