Sunday, May 3, 2009

1200Thread count sheets....


A rose by any other name.....BIG CAMERA, yep.....see how lovely these freshly rained on roses look with the big camera? Almost like big, thick, densly threaded cotton sheets all rumpled up. The house on the corner lot on my little road has lined their corner (curve) with a variety of roses.....which I love.....and I have been enjoying them for the last couple of weeks in their various stages of bloom and I kept saying to myself, "hey dummie, get your lazy butt out to the corner with the big camera and take some pics of those lovely roses before they are 'done'". But, alas, I waited, I thought, too long, however, upon second glance, they were just as lovely today after they'd been rained on, albeit a little rumpled, nonetheless, lovely. (Yes, I LOVE the word lovely, it is just so, well, LOVELY).

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like this image of the rose. Nice lighting, nice angle, nice close-up. I read your comments in another post about feeling frustrated with your Olympus. I don't know anything about Olympus cameras, but my first advice to you would be to read the manual. Then read it again. There's so much information about these "big" cameras that it's easy to miss stuff in the manuals. My next advise would be to play with that camera. Take pictures with every possible setting combination. Note what you like and what you don't. Have fun with it. Some days you'll get awesome photos, some days you'll get ones you don't like at all and that get deleted immediately. I've had my DSLR for 3 years, and I'm STILL learning things about it! You can also Google your camera model and read reviews about it... I've learned some interesting things about my camera (and my lenses) by reading reviews. Don't get too caught up in the technical mumbo-jumbo, but keep it all in mind. Sometimes you might read something that will "click" months from now. The most important thing for me has been going out and just trying different things. Hope that helps!