Saturday, May 23, 2009

.....And the veil is lifted......


Wow, been a couple of weeks.....miss this. I can't believe it's been 13 days since I posted. I have found my books, unloaded them to my book shelves and now I feel whole again, sort of. I missed my books.....still missing a few, but, I think they may still be in a box which is not necessarily marked "books". Last night I located my spiritual books, ie; six different Bibles and various other books on different religious doctrines. The Spirit within is pinning for some refreshment, some knowledge. I have been reading Caroline Myss's "Sacred Contracts" and it spurned on some interest in some other Spiritual paths.

Things at work have been more painful and the conversation has been had that maybe I should move on, just between my friend and myself, but, nonetheless, a big external notification from the Universe it is time to move on.

And, the Sacred Contract concept is giving me food for thought. Because of that thought I sought out a very wonderful and wise friend of mine for a morning of counsel. She was just what the doctor ordered and all is right with the World again. Ha Ha. We spent the morning talking about the path we are each on and how we got there and how things might move forward for me and about how she is doing what she know's she is supposed to be. I am endeavoring to live my life as authentically as I can and each day what is 'authentic' is more clearly defined for me. We talked about how we all have a contract with each other and sometimes our contract is only for a short time with some people and about how other contracts are for the duration. My friend is very spiritual and you can just feel that warm, loving, compassionate energy emenating off of her, I love to be in her company. She quiet literally saved my spiritual life a few years ago and I am always reminded of that when we are together, it reminds me to be grateful for our contract!

I am going to get back on the right path, service to others, I feel. My friend and I talked about some volunteer options that might add to my resume and strengthen my cause for change - complete change. When called to something, pain comes when we ignore it and I am feeling real pain. I even entertained the idea of selling off all of my belongings and finding a Monastery to seek out my Divine purpose for the rest of the year. My friend, ever practical pointed out that they would not let me bring my dog and that shot down all possibility of me going in that diretion. But, it got me to thinking, I could perhaps go on a Spiritual retreat somewhere locally for a weekend or week and excavate from there. Then I could keep my dog.

Lots to ponder, as my friend was faithful in her role and shined the light for me. Off I go, for now. I, again, will endeavor to meet back here daily........

1 comment:

julochka said...

what a lot of neat thoughts...i often think about whether i'm on the right path and try to listen to the signs of being guided towards what would seem to be the right path.

there's another of my blog readers who lives in ireland (and is german) and who i believe runs some really cool-sounding retreats (she recently described a sweat lodge session that sounded very tempting to me). here's the blog where i saw that: http://scents-and-senses.blogspot.com/

i don't think blogging should be something you force, by the way, if you feel moved to blog, blog, if you don't, don't, but don't make it something you make yourself feel guilty about. :-)

thanks for sharing your thoughts on finding the right path...