Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shells....and things.

So, it looks like the Borders reward card is becoming a problem.....sort of. They send me coupons and I cannot resist buying another book! So, last night, I bought 4! Two were on clearance and two I used coupons to buy! I'm quite the saver, eh? I could not resist a tiny book "A Golden Guide to Seashells of the World", I love the ocean and seashells, talk about magical energy. I have many shells in my home, strewn about, vibrating their ocean energy and other small talismen of water energy. My new little book is an addition to the SEA collection! Another wonderful, colorful, exciting book I picked up is about Astronomy, what with my Astrology course, it seemed appropriate to study the stars and planets from a scientific perspective, plus the pictures were really awesome! (the book was amazingly cheap - gotta love that clearance aisle) and then my other two choices were fiction for fun: "The Guernsy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows - I've heard nothing about it, however, Borders has been really showcasing it and I thought, what the hey and picked it up - it was literally all over the store on different displays, so, I gotta assume I was supposed to buy it, right? I began reading it last night and it is quite enjoyable so far, I'll let y'all know when I'm done what I really thought. And, my fourth choice a Paulo Coelho Book, "The Witch of Portobello", One of the book's descriptive tag lines goes like this: "How do we find the courage to always be true to ourselves - even if we are unsure of what we are?". Given my current state of affairs - work being awful, trying to find my place in the world, it seemed to call me. I only know of Paulo Coehlo from "The Alchemist" which I don't really remember enjoying, as it was an assingned read by a former boss, who really didn't practice any of the thought provoking advice he claimed he received from HIS reading list.....that aside, I am on occasion easily persuaded by a thought provoking book cover and equally provoking title.....so, there you have it, my Friday Night Bookstore RUN - I don't drink, so, I might as well spend my money on reading! Right?

So, off to do my errands and get ready for my new roommate.....she needs a place to land before she jumps off again, so, hoping to make this place I live in more like a home, I invited her to stay.
She arrives late this afternoon, so, I figured I better at least clean out the fridge of two weeks worth of leftovers and partial cans of soup......so that it doesn't scare her the first night.

I'll return soon with book reviews!

No comments: