Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Cruiser....chapter one

No emergency room visit as of yet.....but, it is still early. Fortunately for Blue Girl, the word exercise never crossed my mind as I cruised her up and down our private little road, using the neighbors drive way for a turn about. I did, however, have several flashbacks of my childhood and using our neighbors' drive ways in same way. Oh, the joy of the wind in my hair, which will be robbed from me as soon as I get the required helmet that I failed to wear for the maiden voyage. (I know, shame on me, I hope no children are viewing as they might get the wrong idea). And, a basket, I must have a basket and a BELL, oh, the bell is certainly required safety equipment. I will endeavor to obtain these items, as no Cruiser is truly complete without them.

I remember my childhood bike. I remember the banana seat and the big handle bars - it was actually a boys style bike and it had fat tires and the seat was a deep green gel type vinyl with sparkles in it. The handle bars had tassles. I hurt myself pretty bad on it one day after school - scraped my knee very deep and it bled alot. The scrape did not deter me, though, my knee healed up and I got back on the bike. Another good lesson, take your scrapes, get healed and get back on.....

Well, come back by when you get a chance and see how the Adventures of Blue Girl and her sidekick are going ..... ta for now.

3 comments:

darsden said...

that totally rocks :-))many happy trails with blue girl

Mari Mansourian said...

oh congrats... i see a great friendship flourishing between you and "blue girl" have fun!;)

blognut said...

I love it - may you and Blue Girl spend many happy hours together.