Saturday, August 8, 2009

...and then God said, "Let there be light", and there was


I am inspired today by the simple beauty of this Morning Glory I photographed last week. I am always awed by the beauty that is all around me, however small or obscure. The Divine provides us with such magical gifts. For me, the way the Morning Glory is built, is a gift of perfection....in past years I've photographed Morning Glories and everytime I do, I am drawn to the center - where it appears to me that there is an internal light source. Do you see what I mean? It is as if just where the stem joins the flower there is a tiny 'candle' beaming light from the center, giving the flower an almost ethereal look.

Further, the inspiration reminds me that we all have an internal Divine light, glowing from our souls. Another gift we must embrace and show to the world. Just like the Morning Glory we are made perfect and whole.


These are the simple things I am pondering this morning....how to let my light shine...and I ask you all to look inside, find your light and bring it out for the world to see....let your light shine.....

Have a blessed and splendid weekend, peace

2 comments:

darsden said...

absolutely beautiful

Chuck Dilmore said...

fascinating photographs!
i especially love the top one, against the weathered wood!

beautiful!
Chuck