Saturday, August 1, 2009

I am such a TART......even the guests thought so...although they didn't complain

I am one of those people who uses a recipe "loosely"...so these are my creations from this evening's feast. Above, puff pastry was the 'crust' and i just laid out diced hamsteak, artichoke hearts, swiss cheese, dusted it with salt, pepper, corriander and laid some beautiful sage leaves from the garden, baked at 375 for 25 minutes on a cookie sheet... TA DA! TART!
This one, same crust - puff pastry laid out on cookie sheet and I called this one, 'garden veggie' - used gorganzola, fresh from the garden zucchini, finally found some ripe cherry tomatoes, rosemary from the garden - saute'd some okra I picked up from the neighbor, chopped garlic...this one wasn't going in the direction I had hoped for, so I had to make a modification half way through and sprinkled some panko bread crumbs on the top to help absorb the liquid that was produced by the veggies....but, it came out terribly delicious...again, TA DA! TART!

And, then, the finale - caramelized asian pear and candied walnut TART:
I saved the caramel that I 'poached' the pears in and used that as a sauce over the top as I served the TART and complimented it with homemade whipped cream.....I swear it was like something from Heaven, seriously.

We also accompanied the savory TARTS with, as per our usual around here, a caprese salad...not pictured tonight, because, once you've seen a caprese salad, you've seen them all.

What a lovely evening....chalking off one of my 'to do' list items, "Have more company over for food"....I'm not sure what I was waiting for...a good time was had by all.....

Have a wonderful Sunday.....embrace the light....dwell in your heart...I know I will!

3 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Mmmmmm. Everything looks simply delicious! The savory tarts looked great, but that caramelized pear/walnut tart made my mouth water. What lucky company!!!

darsden said...

dang now I am really hungry..you can't post pictures like this so early in the morning Woman..whacha trying to do to me!

Mari Mansourian said...

yumm, those all look really good, glad you had fun, it's always fun playing the host...