Monday, July 20, 2009

After Focus, Inspiration

Pray with gratitude:

(starting with something easy)
I am grateful that the heat wave seems to have broken just a slight bit....there is a beautiful, lovely breeze blowing through the window this morning.

I am grateful for a new day, in which to paint my future.

I am grateful for the sound of the doves cooing outside my window.

I am grateful for the warmth of my litlle dog snug against my leg, even though it's sunburnt.

I am grateful for my bedroom which has evolved into my tabernacle, where I can meditate and pray and shroud myself in the Divine Mysteries.

I am grateful for my support system without whom I could not do this thing called LIFE.

I am grateful for the used book store and all of the treasures it holds...and which I now hold some of.

I am grateful for fresh garden vegatables and the abundance which is my garden.

I am grateful for my heart, broken, repaired and still ticking....I forget to be grateful for it, most of the time....and my soul heart, for it also keeps on keeping on....no matter how many times it gets broken.

I am grateful for my Sister...in all her broken wonder and her act of courage...it is most inspiring.

Again, I am grateful for this day and am ready to begin it full of gratitude and wonder....amen.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Somedays it is harder to be grateful than others. I personally love your goals and your attitude towards gratitude is perfect - you always start with something easy.

(i'm a poet and don't know it, natch).

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

If we can be grateful without attachment - we can know we have a taste of what it must be like to be enlightened. I'm grateful for all your inspiring expressions of gratitude!

julochka said...

i'm not sure i'm grateful for doves, they sit on the old antennae that's on our roof and they make a lot of noise and mess. but, i'm grateful for used bookstores too, tho' i don't get to one often enough.

these are beautiful lists and i feel certain they will help you to the right path.

xox,
/julie