Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Exalted anticipation.....

.....of silence. for three days. solace. peace. soul dancing. spirit courting. I am slowly preparing my heart for this journey. I am readying myself for the embrace. Alot is going on in my life right now. Decisions need to be made and direction is needed. This is the perfect time to be in silence, listening to the Divine. I am feeling some trepidation, some reticence, just the slightest bit of fear....not real fear, just the minor kind that let's you know you are coming close to the precipice...a place I have been dancing with for more than a year and NOW, I am where I need to be in my heart where I can leap with faith. I am excited, but, shy about my excitement, as this is a quiet, personal journey I am making. An interpersonal trek through pain, heartache, fear, self doubt, complacency, mediocrity and denial.....I pray there will be enough light, that my spirit will bring me through the other side with new insight and depth, that I will know myself in a way I never have before, that my faith will be unshakable.

I have been reading voraciously in the last couple of weeks, giving my soul nourishment for the silence. I have explored some different beliefs, looked at my beliefs and examined where they come from and while I have not come to any life altering realizations, I have opened up my heart to possibility. This is what I wish for this pilgrimage into my self, unlocking my heart.....letting go of the fear and being truly open.

I leave on Friday morning....I suspect Sunday evening when I return will be spent in quiet contemplation of my trip....but, I will share with you shortly there after....

I wish for you, love, great love.....

1 comment:

julochka said...

i'm reading a really cool book about silence--the spirit of silence: making space for creativity by john lane. you should check it out if it wasn't already among the books you read to prepare!

i hope your weekend is all you hope it will be and more!

xox,
/julie