Monday, July 6, 2009

Putting it out there....

After a wonderful day yesterday, seems Monday has decided to shroud me in doom and gloom. I feel paralyzed into inaction. I know there are things I need to take care of, but, just cannot get myself to do them. The problem is I'm afraid to look at my situation, because I'm worried it's worse than I suspect. I have a propensity to play the ostrich, hide my head in the sand until I've either waited too long to deal with the issue or I've finally conceded that I have to quit acting like a chicken and just deal with it. I hate it when I get like this. I'm not good with a lack of structure, either, so, now that I'm unemployed, I'm all over the place, yet, no where. Make sense?

I start school in two weeks. Yippeeeee! I have so many things to do, take care of, deal with, it's almost like there is too much to do or deal with and it's suffocating me. The suffocating usually causes me to want to go back to bed and try to sleep through the suffocation. Then, I beat myself up because I went back to bed to ride out the suffocation, arrghgh! So, blogging about it, might help, right? Perhaps I will be able to purge the doom and gloom, just by putting it out into the ether. Perhaps. No definitely, just give it away, poof, gone. There, that's better.

I will endeavor, now, to pull my head out.....of the sand and do at least one thing on the list of to do's....here I go......................................................................................................................................

3 comments:

christina said...

I love your to do list. I have a before 40 list. I'm not sure I will accomplish all of it, but I am loving the feeling of checking a few items off.
I'm hoping you will join me for the simple things tomorrow.
xo

Mari Mansourian said...

don't think of the "whole" as in "all" that needs to be taken care of .... just do one thing at a time and be happy with it... before you know it....it all will be taken care of :)

An Open Heart said...

Christina, I do intend to join you for the simple things tomorrow! Wouldn't miss it.

Marinik, thank you for your encouragement, you are an inspiration to me with all that you are going through. Thank you very much for stopping by to boost me up! Took care of two big thiings today.
S