Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rocking the Nikon.......


At Blog Camp I took my new camera out for a field test....experimenting a little, but, mostly just running it on auto pilot, you know, to get a feel for how it runs....and, I must say, it runs like champ. I was so impressed with the clarity and colors that my Baby put out. After I got home and was able to download my photos and review them, I was just sooooo pleased with the results.....the Fairy Blogmother was right, Nikon brings it, every time.


I was sooo please with sooo many of my photos, I've been dying to post them...but, part of me wants to hold some back for future posts....alas, my excitement has gotten the better of me and as a mood booster, I think I will just toss a few out tonight!


This guy was LOUD and soooo cool with his mohawk type plummage, I had to capture him twice....just for good measure:


Isn't the color amazing? Whhooooo, man!

Okay, I think that's all for now.....don't want to give away the farm.....hope you enjoyed the show.....come back and see us again tomorrow.....

Peace

10 comments:

christina said...

Oh these are just beautiful! You are a nikon girl?? I am still madly in love with you. lol Love the water, I want to walk along it, with ya.

An Open Heart said...

Christina, I've been a pentax girl, a minolta girl, an olympus girl and I even carry a p&S Canon....but, the Nikon....she rocks.....what do you rock?

Mari Mansourian said...

great shots, enjoy the toy

julochka said...

nikon rocks the color all right. which one did you get? i fear my D60 has to go to the nikon hospital. i guess taking 30,000 pictures will do that...

Brian Miller said...

nice shots. love the colors and textures in the second one.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Great shots - especially the second. So much fun and occasional frustration getting acquainted with a new camera. Enjoy!

Delena said...

I would love to have a Nikon. What kind of bird is that?

An Open Heart said...

Mari, I SOOOO enjoying the toy....she never leaves my side, in fact, when I'm in bed blogging, she is sitting right next to me!

Julochka, she is s D40 - I got a screaming deal on her and a rockin' VR zoom lens to go with.

Brian, I love that shoreline photo, too, I have a couple more similar that I'll share at a later date.

Bonnie, I hear ya on the frustrating when you're trying to figure out all of the dials, etc.

Delena, I believe the bird is a variety of a Jay - he was very loud and BIG.

Fe said...

I'm a Canon EOS Girl sorry but, those pictures are lovely and I absolutly adore the one with the Rocks and shoreline..that's the type of thing I'm after for my bathroom!!! It would go with the one I took in Montana of the Yellowstone River...

Fe x

kristina said...

congrats on your new camera! the photo of the water is beautiful!